- I am a passionate Industrial Designer, UX Strategist & Digital Experience leader with over 20yrs of Industry experience working on defining Customer Experience for Technology Products, Enterprise Applications & E-commerce / Consumer Websites.
- I have played multiple roles from VP UX to Design consultant & Entrepreneur, primarily reporting to CxOs.
Worked at Top Companies.
- Worked on Design Management, UX Strategy, Interaction Design, User Research & Usability Testing, predominantly with highly admired multinational companies – Intel USA, LG R&D (Korea), Oracle, Siemens, Info Edge, TechMahindra, etc.
- Currently working VP of Product Management & UX Design at Spire Technologies, Bangalore.
- Last worked as as Director - Experience Design at Intuit, Bangalore, Design & Innovation lead for Intel, Bangalore and Intel US. Worked on wearables, touch screen tables, mobile devices, enterprise apps, design strategy, build usability lab, etc.
- Previously worked as Chief Researcher and UX Designer for LG R&D Labs, Seoul, Korea. Worked on Future Mobile themes and ideations. Conducted user research in London & S.Korea.
- Worked as Vice President –User Experience with Info Edge (naukri.com) in setting up UX team, defining Design directions & Product strategy, reporting to CEO. Headed user experience team for all Info Edge business – naukri.com (jobs), jeevansathi.com (matrimony), 99acres.com(real estate), brijj.com (social), shiksha.com (education), etc. Setup Usability testing and user research department.
- In the past, worked as Manager UX at Oracle reporting to VP User Experience. Involved in drafting UI standards and patterns. Built Oracle’s first Usability Lab in India.
- I evangelize DESIGN THINKING and encourage companies to embed it into their DNA.
- I apply User Centered Design process along with Customer Insights & Market Research to design better products that have competitive advantage. I use Design Thinking to make products more meaningful, exciting & playful.
- I have setup Customer Experience teams, UCD Processes and UX Strategy at multiple local & international companies. I have helped them to Implement company wide UX adoption through UX training and workshops. I have defined UI Design Standards & Guidelines and UX Governance.
- I have Setup Usability labs and User research teams to get end user feedback & understand customer pain points. I have worked with Marketing, Sales & Product Management to define product roadmaps, brand strategy & monetisation.
- I have managed cross cultural and multi-geo user experience teams. I have travelled to multiple countries conducting UX research & Ethnographic studies to understand customer touch points & end user journey. Gained customer insights while working locally at Seoul, Korea and Folsom, California. I have collaborated with external design firms, vendors and academia to connect them with industry and leverage their skills.
- I have been speaker at many UX conference in India and abroad. Recently showcased projects at IXDA15 conference in San Francisco. I have couple of UX patents and published many articles.
- Expert in E-commerce and Consumer website strategy and design. Designed & Delivered ecommerce sites from conception to profitability.
- Well familiar with Google analytics, Monetisation, Conversion and call for action, merchandising and recommendation systems, search ranking algorithms, cross selling and up-selling on checkouts.
- Worked with Marketing(banners/mailers/brand message) and SEO teams to increase user engagement and funnel user purchase journey to conversion.
- Designed complex Enterprise Applications for SAP and Oracle. Wrote UI standards, conducted Usability tests and defined Graphic Art directions.
Hi-Tech Technology (Mobiles, Tablets, Wearables )
- Recently working on Wearable (Smart Watch & Glass), Gesture & Touch screen interactions for Windows 8/10 modern Apps
- Driving innovation at OS level and app level for Android and iOS. Experimenting on multimodal interactions, speech recognition/Voice Interface Design, Sensor based UX solutions, future mobile UI themes & ecosystems.
Areas of Specialisation
- Usability of Software and Products interfaces. Expert in Interaction design, Usability testing, HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Ethnography, Heuristic review, Rapid Prototyping, Human factors & Ergonomics.
- Hands on experience on Market Research and Consumer Insights, finding user unmet needs, user journey and touch points, new concept ideations, etc.
- User Interaction(UI) Design for Enterprise Applications. Mobile touch screens , Gestures based designs, Speech interface design, Multimodal Interactions, Augmented Reality, Context Aware Interactions.
- Expert in Accessibility ( US 508 Accessibility standards)
Well familiar with UI Standards and Patterns for Mobile, Web Applications, using Responsive Web design (RWD), & Agile methodologies,
- Conduct UCD & Design Thinking Training and workshops
Expert in Design Management, UX Strategy, Institutionalising UCD Process, Product management, Requirement gathering, User study and research, and Project management.
- Showcased wearable and sensor based products at IXDA15 conference at San Francisco - Feb 2015
- Attended Computer Human Interaction (CHI) conference at France - Jan 2013
- UIE Conference - UX Immersion at Portland, USA - May 2012
- IXDA Conference at Dublin, Ireland – Feb 2012
- Attended Mobile User Experience conference, London. Nov-2009
- Attended International design research conference, IASDR -SEOUL, Oct 2009
- Founding member & President of UPA Hyderabad
- member of ACM & SIGCHI
- member of UPA US
- Member HCI India and partner
US & International Patents
- Granted US Patent on UI Design on “Simplifying Interaction With Multiple Applications“ . Filed date: 2007
- Pending International patent on Smart TV filed at http://www.wipo.int/ . Filed date; 7/6/2010
Published Paper & Articles
- Task description for usability testing” published paper for HCII2007, China
- Opportunity for Industrial Engineers in Human Computer Interaction” (Word ) article in the globaleducator magazine – Sept 2006
- Culture & Usability in Enterprise Applications” paper presentation at IIT Guwahati, – May 2006
- What is HCI” (PDF -448kb) an article published in Indian magazine, “DeveloperIQ” – April 2006
- Standards Based Approach for Software User Interface Design” CHI paper presentation at Easy6 conference, Bangalore. – Jan 2006,
- Virtual or Remote Collaboration” , a presentation at UPA, Minneapolis conference.- Aug 2003
- Product Design- a Presentation at Design conference, pune India – Feb 2004
- Need for Usability / ROI for Usability “ a presentation at CHI chapter, Pune India – Mar 2003
- Design process- a workshop at KBP College of Engg, Satara, India. – Sept 1999
- Cognitive analysis and chaos theory for Fire rescue. Product design of such system. IIT bombay M.Des final thesis – June1999
Characters in Bond movies. An M.des special subject presentation on Art and motion pictures- Nov 1998
- Form design in clay. An M.des special subject presentation. – Mar 1998
- Design of spray pond system for max heat transfer. PVPIT final thesis- April 1995
- Master’s in Industrial Design from Industrial Design Center, Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai India.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from PVP Institute of Technology, Sangli India.
External Training and Workshops conducted/attended
- Mobile Form design workshop by luke wroblewski - Portland 2012
- IASRD2009 , Design Researcher conference , Seoul
- Designing for mobile, workshop at Mobile conference , London 2009
- Workshops on HCI & UCD conducted by IIT and Humanfactors
- VIT Conference on HCI, Pune. Invited Speaker - 2008
- UMO Conference at Hyderabad. Invited speaker - 2007
- UPA2006 conference in Denver & UPA chapter meet at Minnesota, USA
- IHCI 2004, Rashmi Sinha’s “Design for strangers”,
- Easy2005, Easy 2006 conferences(Won design contest )
Every business has a beginning, and this is where you talk about yours. People want to know what opportunity you saw or how your passion led to the creation of something new. Talk about your roots--people wanna know you have some.
This is should be a prospective customer's number one call to action, e.g., requesting a quote or perusing your product catalog.